Unauthorised transaction

Voodoopens
New Community Member

Hello, i was recently comissioned to make 4 hand made pens, of which i did, and got payment of £50 for said pens, the customer then posted on his instagram page a picture of the pens stateing he was very happy with them. but the following day, the payment for the pens vanished from my account, i recived an email about a disbute for payment which stated it was an "unauthrised transaction" i have contacted the customer, who is claiming that paypal are at fault, and they set up a direct debit to my account which has caused it to lock his account out for 5 days and he wont be able to give me payment but he will try and do it once the lock on the account is up, now personal i feel that they have no intentions of paying, ive tried contacting paypal reguarding this matter, but i just got the run around, the case was closed and there is nothing they could do, ive been told i could apeal this dispute by going to the resolution center find the case and in the action colum click on dispute or somthing, but the only option i have is to click view. now im down £50 and the 4 pens. anyone have any idea what i can do about this. to get the money for the pens ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Voodoopens 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to see why you may have lost out?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.