Unauthorised Payment

Manzare
New Community Member

Hi,

I have just noticed that payments of 8.99 pounds has been paid to some outfit called Luxplus over the last 3 months. I know, I know I shpuld have been paying closer attention to my statements.

Anyway I have cancelled these payments but I am  none the wiser how they were set up in the first place as I have no idea what they are for as I have not been receiving anything from Luxplus WE ApS.

I have tried to get in touch with Paypal but have had no success. I am afraid the way the Contact Us section is of no use for a problem like this. Hence me going"public" so to speak.

Has anyone else heard of Luxplus WE ApS?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Auro86
Luxplus stole 40€ from me by this method. What is PayPal doing about this? Nothing!? If PayPal does not show any incentive in solving this and making sure that we all get compensation, then I am done with PayPal. This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

MonikaKa

Three payments made to Lux plus WE A p S. PayPal did not return the money. I read here that this has been happening for a while and PayPal is doing nothing to protect its users. Why is this company not blocked? Why doesn't PayPal ask for verification when changing my shipping address? Very suspicious. I quit Pay Pal because they support scammers.

Login to Me Too

wendy106
New Community Member

Luxplus have also taken 3 monthly payment from me totalling 40 pounds.

I checked my email and browser history and I have never had any contact with this company.  Paypal has replied that the Payment was autherised but how can it be authorised if I have never recieved an email from this company or visited their website? It must be fraud. Im very dissapointed in Paypal for not dealing with this.

Login to Me Too

Amy1999
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem I just found out last night. I didn't know I have been set up and agree by Luxplus T&C when I bought 2 face scrubs and 1 face mask from the company.  They set up pre-approval payment when you pay for the product just like other online shopping company you visit.  You won't noticed the company set up monthly membership T&C as they won't send you any membership email or promotion emails like other merchant will do. I have emailed to both Paypal and the merchant to cancel this unfaithful transaction.  They have been taking 4 months membership fee from me without me notice.  Very upset as I should had paid more attention on this kind of website!!!! Hope I can get money back by buyer protection!!!! That is why we use paypal and pay the service fee, right?

Login to Me Too

Paulo2121
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear you got scammed  

PayPal will not help 

the company is Nordic company 

Login to Me Too

babymaker600
New Community Member
IV had the same problem with the same company and I don't know how to stop it
Login to Me Too

Paulo2121
Contributor
Contributor

Hi you need to check your direct debits set up on your PayPal account page one of them will be for lux plus once you have found it you can then stop it /  cancel it 

Login to Me Too

Ant28
Same from me, luxplus are duping people into parting with their cash. They’ve taken £8.99 every month from me for last 6 months, and i also only just noticed. I don’t have an account with them, maybe i initially purchased something but wasn't aware of the monthly ‘secret’ subscription until just now. Either way I’ve cancelled the pre-approved transaction method within PayPal for this nordic company, and don't expect my money back. Lesson learned! 😞
Login to Me Too

Emaand
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, PayPal have closed my case. They’ve removed £269.30 from my account without me knowing. Seems I’m not the only one, has anyone succeeded in getting a refund from these scammers?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.