Should I escalate my case with PP?

nilm4lika
Contributor
Contributor

Hello folks, I’ve never had to utilize the PayPal buyer’s protection but now. Hence my noobness! I purchased an ebike through Geekbuying, which a week later came out defective. Smoke came out of the front cables and melted them. I wrote to the company, they took WEEEEKS to reply my messages, so I made dispute with PP buyer protection. Weeks have passed and the website still wants to send me repair parts, despite elaborating them that I’m not an electrician / engineer or the like, AND there’s at LEAST a one year warranty on it. (2 year according to EU; it was shipped from Poland). Their last two messages are self-contradicting: “How about return the item to one of the overseas warehouse for repair? We will offer a return service to collect the package from you home.” To which I reply that I’d like to return and have a refund. They then write: “The shipping fee is too expensive to return. How about send you the parts broken to exchange? And we can offer the repair video to explain how to do it.” They’re basically not making any sense. Could it help me to escalate the case with PayPal? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @nilm4lika,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you don't reach an amicable resolution with the seller during the dispute phase, you can escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days. However, please note that our Buyer Protection policy only covers in case the item that you receive is 'Not As Described' at the time of the delivery. If you used the item, and this broke after a while, we may not be able to cover the transaction. Unfortuantely, warranty issues are not covered under our Buyer Protection policy. Also, please note that return shipping costs are at the expenses of the buyer. Here is more information that can help: 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.