Trying to sell my old phone..am I getting scammed?

Orchid99
Contributor
Contributor

So I’m trying to sell my old phone through Facebook. I’m selling it for $250.00 but they said they sent $350.00 for shipping and stuff. Instead of getting notified through PayPal or PayPal all about payment I got some weird email saying I need to send the item and a tracking number before I get payment. Is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orchid99 wrote:
So I’m trying to sell my old phone through Facebook. I’m selling it for $250.00 but they said they sent $350.00 for shipping and stuff. Instead of getting notified through PayPal or PayPal all about payment I got some weird email saying I need to send the item and a tracking number before I get payment. Is this a scam?

Yes, it is a scam. Buyers usually do not pay more than what YOU ask for including shipping. And PayPal does not ask you in email that you need to send buyer tracking. PayPal only contact you to specifically say, You Got Money. Congratulations, you have you wits about you. Keep that spider sense going. 😉

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.