Trying to Get Paypal to Refund - Any Help Is Welcomed

scottf1
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item from a fake company that Paypal obviously loves to deal for. 7 weeks still no refund, no product, fake shipping info, Paypal keeps stretching out the "resolution date". It was a fake US website that turned into a shipment from a company in Wuhan China (yes, that one). Stated it would arrive in 15 days (after initially stating 2 day delivery. Some fraud named YiJun 

Any ideas for help or is Paypal just a theft & cover thing? They refuse to give me a call, provide a number to contact, no updates on filed refund request (from June 23, 2020), and as stated, they keep moving back their "resolution date". Is there a place to report them & their fraud & Wuhan company coverage?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

awades
New Community Member

I have always used paypal for the protection, but earlier this year I received half an order with a packing slip showing the supplier had shipped all items. I fought for some time with Paypal and they wanted me to prove that I only received half the items, which I could only say that I did as the packing slip was no help at all. They then told me that I needed to report to the police and get a report from them?????? I ended up getting a stat dec signed by a police officer to say that my statement was true and correct but they still closed my case and denied a refund. I am now in the process again with something else and am getting absolutely nowhere, so much for buyer protection!!

Login to Me Too

scottf1
Contributor
Contributor

Yeh, they're creepy - they are fully complicit with fraudulent companies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.