Triple charges and paypal continues to hold funds

mguido75
Contributor
Contributor

I gave my friend cash for something and she was going to paypal me it back the next day the problem is when she did paypal for some reason charges her three times. This was in november. she has called and they told her someone higher up will have to call her back and then the person who called her back couldnt help and told her they would have someone else call her back and now nothing. I am getting involved because I can't get my money back because it was the money she tried sending me they held in the first place. Has this happened to anyone? How do we resolve this is really just getting ridiculous at this point. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mguido75 

Do you see a transaction on your end of money or payment received? And it's marked on hold? If so:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

- Click Activity at the top of the page.

- Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

- Click Add Tracking Info.

- Select an order status (Order Processed).

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

- Click Activity at the top of the page.

- Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

- Click Confirm Receipt.

- Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mguido75
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

so it was in my transaction but after about a week when I kept calling paypal someone advised me to have her cancel the payment because it was not going through. They told me her bank did not approve it. on her end her bank did take it out. So it is not in my transactions anymore but paypal has still taken her money and we cannot seem to get someone to actually get us answers. just telling us someone will call back. this is frustrating at this point its been almost two months now.

Login to Me Too

mguido75
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  I mean its in my transactions but its in there as cancelled I never received the money and she has not been given it back

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mguido75 

So are all the transactions marked canceled/declined on her end too??? If so, friend has to wait for the funds to come back to her funding source if the transactions were all canceled.

I don't imagine them taking any longer than your standard refunds. Arrival times may vary:  

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

I don't know if she should send funds just yet since her bank is tripping out over PayPal duplicates and declining them. Maybe because she freaked out on the 3 transactions and reported to her bank and everyone is shellshocked. lol Tell her to tell her bank to let her send via PayPal the money to you again and tell her to take her time and don't rush when sending payment again. We can sometime inadvertently cause multiple transactions. Do deliberate one tap or click on the button all gingerly-like, with a pause to make sure each page loads. *sigh* Oh, technology.

Duplicates are actually easy to sort out, tbh. Just click one of the duplicate transactions and click "Report a problem" and click this option:

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

Then on the next page, it asks you to click the duplicates (make sure you click the right ones!) and PayPal refunds you right there, boom. It was easy af when it happened to me on a boo boo at the market checkout counter. 🙂 Went down stairs to the market cafe on my laptop and did right there. I didn't know you can fix it from your account, I just was exploring carefully and discovered I could. It was cool! Quite impressive.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.