Top sale LLC

NoBS1010
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by paypal they would investigate a fraudulent purchase from top sale llc. The email address from the company does not work. Paypal informed me that less than 24 hours later they closed their investigation. They stated that the seller said the package was delivered it was not. DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL. They do NOT STAND for the customer and they basically told me that they had been paid so i was out of luck.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Ladyblondie
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone get their tracking number or any communication with Top Sale?? I didn’t. I got my tracking number when I filed my complaint with PayPal. Amazes me that they can contact the company but I can’t.
Login to Me Too

Thaffner
Contributor
Contributor
LadyBlondie, I was not able to contact Top Sale LLC. Web link and e-mail address on my tracking form were all bogus. Sure PayPal can contact them since they send money to them, you have to have a method to call them, and PayPal could contact them and discuss all of these Bogus transactions instead of putting us thru the grief. I did speak and e-mail Vineyard Vines, the company where my tracking number was pirated from. They were appreciative and believe they are aware of the fraud that is occurring. Keep fighting.
Login to Me Too

Ladyblondie
Contributor
Contributor
I hadn’t thought of that. I did get the address of where the tracking number went. I am thinking of going to the house and speak to that person. That is an interesting thought. I think in more than a coincidence that my tracking number went to the city I live in. Seems very odd. I will ask the person I speak to if they are cooperative.
Login to Me Too

Thaffner
Contributor
Contributor
I did not contact the actual recipient, but would maybe slip a note in their mail box. There's a lot of weirdness about package thefts, strangers coming to doors, so all be safe and smart about personal contact. I appreciate all the good follow-up and effort. Together we will make a difference. Thanks all.
Login to Me Too

Jgarrett91
New Community Member

I am currently fighting the same issue, but my spoofed tracking number came from Carhart inc.  I actually tracked down the actual / rightful recipient of the tracking number provided to me.  She was extremely helpful and emailed me the documentation of her purchase.  She sent the invoice of from the seller and her Paypal receipt.   As much as Paypal is hiding I'm not convinced that its not their data that was compromised.  Has anyone looked to see if the true purchases for the tracking numbers being spoofed were also paid via Paypal?

Login to Me Too

NoBS1010
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted my credit card company and thankfully received a full refund. UPS would not give me the info on where my package was sent. I am glad to know I am not the only one who this happened to but i went one step further and filed a complaint with the BBB. Not sure if it will make a difference but i was so angry with paypal and their lying I just had to do something else.
Login to Me Too

Thaffner
Contributor
Contributor
Nobs1010, Glad you filed. Payday is certainly not very helpful. They could make a good name for themselves by proactively supporting the consumer when they have access to the data. Glad it worked out for you. I too have a temporary credit, but bending final judgement. My CC Bank is aware I too have formal proof of the fraud. They are not happy with PayPal either. Thanks for your good efforts.
Login to Me Too

Thaffner
Contributor
Contributor
All, I sent my detail to Vineyard Vines at 181 Harbour drive, should be their corporate office. And the email goes to Daniel there. Maybe he can tie things together. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

AmselGZwitscher
Contributor
Contributor

so I have a suggestion - but of course only if it's ok with everyone .. 

but could everyone affected post the tracking number they were given?

If the codes were all created by vineyard vines account code ..... however my original label (according to tracking) was created in Monroe Township, NJ. There are three Vinyardvines in NJ .. but they're all roughly 30min+ away

Login to Me Too

Thaffner
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Amsel, PayPal big brother will delete them. I tried sharing their phone number published on their Web page, and the deleted my note. So they are using very detailed edit matching. Happy to provide, but I know what they will do. VV is on it. Suggest you e-mail VV with your detail. Best way, address on the Web site for their corporate office. They responded within an hour or two.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.