Theft

Shelley37
New Community Member

Please help me. Michael <Removed>, an established published author in California in September of 2019 did a presale of his up coming book at which point I purchased a copy for $205.00 AUD. Via PayPal with an invoice number. Several months later I followed up on how it was coming along. Covid-19 hit and he advised his publisher in New York had shut down. I followed up mid 2020 with similar response and I could see how bad USA had been hit so I never once thought of fraudulent behaviour. A few weeks ago I asked for an update and he read my message and didn’t respond, I messaged again and he had me on mute, message goes through but not delivered. My heart sank and I emailed him. With proof of money paid and requested update. No response. I messaged on his page and asked him to contact me. He’s blocked me on social media, he’s taken my money and run. The transaction is older than 188 days as it was 2019 and excuses were used as per above. I cannot log a complaint or request refund in PayPal can someone one please point me in the right direction and help me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shelley37 

You are too late for a paypal dispute and if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card the i suspect you are too late for them as well but contact them and see if they can help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.