The seller: Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. has scammed me!

BobfromSanDiego
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a $34 over-the-roof car shade and received a 99 cent cheap, I mean cheap, windshield sun shade! After disputing it and demanding for a refund, I found out that a Chinese seller: Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. has scammed me!

They want me to ship the cheap item back to China!! before they refund my money.

This seems to be a very common complaint. I believe that this is just  the tip of iceberg! Imagine how many people have been scammed and don't know it, or simply don't find it worthy of pursuing it. Simply put: people around the world are being ripped off by Chinese merchants. 

I don't want to get political, however, I can't help but to mention that I already had little trust in China, now.....

I blame Paypal in part because seems like they are not doing enough to protect the customers, who use their hard-earned money to buy things from the internet.

I was wondering if a government agency in the United States could be contacted to put a stop to this non-sense.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

I purchased a Realistic Teddy Dog Lucky for $19.99 plus $9.99 for shipping.  This was a gift for my great-niece who just turned 3 years old.  She really wanted a real  puppy but parents said not now.  So, I ordered this item because of the advertisement showing the "realistic dog" doing all kinds of things that a real dog would do. I thought how cute and right away knew she would love it until she could have her very own real puppy.

I received the item on 10/08/2020, when I took it out of the mailbox I knew right away something was wrong.  It was so very tiny and just felt wrong.  When I opened the package I was truly shocked what was enclosed.  It was a tiny stuffed toy puppy that did absolutely nothing, I mean just that, absolutely nothing.  I paid a total of $29.98 including shipping cost, for a stuffed toy that just laid there.  The advertisement showed the puppy running, barking and being playful.  Straight up false advertisement.  Yes, I have been scammed and if you purchase from this company you too will probably be scammed as well.  

Now I have disappointed a little girl because of no fault of my own.  I am so angry I can't even express how angry I truly am.  This company has caused me to tell a straight up lie to my little great-niece who loves her Aunt Dot. How can I make this up to her??  How can this company get away with this kind of advertisement?  They need to be held accountable for this...Scamming people like this...Shame on them!!

Login to Me Too

Tbrown1
Contributor
Contributor
I did the same thing. I agree totally with you. I even sent the items back...which was pricey as it was sent to China. They should be sued for false advertisement or fraud.
Login to Me Too

Julesheart
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!!! I knew it would take a long time to get it. Then I got very sick and couldn’t deal with it. Now I see how they have scammed a lot of people. I paid for the Plushy Yorkie Casey in October 2020 by PayPal. I don’t know what I can do about this. Will I be able to get any help to get my money back from this terrible company? Help! Thank you!!
Login to Me Too

mork-ya
Contributor
Contributor

Similar situation. I ordered 4K 360 degree dashcams, and I got super cheap, pathetic excuse of a dashcam. Yet somehow, with all these complaints, PayPal still sides with this scammer. Shipping it back WITH tracking to China from Canada is ridiculously expensive, and yet PayPal doesn't hold the scammer responsible for the shipping cost. No wonder these Chinese scammers thrive in PayPal. PayPal promotes their behaviour and they don't care.

Login to Me Too

marilz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm finding the same thing. To return the pathetic object I purchased in order to get a refund will cost me almost as much as I outlaid. Totally disgusted with both the seller and Paypal!

Login to Me Too

magran5
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been scammed by this company. It was advertised as a life like movable yorkie and I received a cheap stuffed dog. I went to the resolution center and paypal requested I send the dog back at my expense which amounted to $37.40 to an international seller. I only paid $27.58.  This is totally unreasonable. The seller should have had to send a prepaid label shipping the item,as they admitted it was described wrong in an email. TOTAL SCAM AND PAYPAL DID NOT HELP THE SITUATION BY MAKING THE SELLER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MISREPRESENTATION.

Login to Me Too

Foxy8

I ordered a pretty wreath for the door. $35.98. When pkg came it was a cheap little pillowcase. I emailed them 5 or 6 times I was mad as hell because I knew they were trying to pull one over on me. They had the nerve to say if it's defected send it back. It wasn't defected  it wasn't what I ordered you idiot. I said a few choice words because I was being jerked around and I knew it. The old bait and switch I felt so now I'm out almost $ 40 which I can't afford. Living on fixed income and elderly. They want me to Sen it back it'll cost me more to do that than what it's worth. I hounded these idiots!

Login to Me Too

Tbrown1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal did the same thing to me. There has been no resolution to date.
Login to Me Too

Julesheart
Contributor
Contributor
What is wrong with PayPal that they don’t do anything about this scammer company??!! I also purchased the Yorkie Dog, but never received a thing! Shame on them and double-shame on PAYPAL!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.