Suing paypal in small claims court

SilverComputers
Contributor
Contributor

The story goes something like this: I sold a $2500 computer on eBay to a buyer in Oklahoma. Looked legit, mailed it out the same day. Turned out it was a scam with a hacked account (happens sometimes). So the package went to the address in Paypal and then it got refused and was on the way back to me. At some point the scammers intervened and managed to reroute the package to themselves in Arkansas. I only found out about that when package was already delivered. So technically it went to a different address which is obviously not my fault in any way.

Of course Paypal withheld my money and then ruled that this isn't covered by the Seller Protection due to it being delivered to the wrong address. I'm planning to sue them in a local small claims court for the $2500. The question is: could Paypal ban me for doing so? I do depend on them for business purposes so this would be rather devastating for my business.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

anhthung
Contributor
Contributor

I am in a similar situation but i am a buyer. Seller sold me fake bag and claim she bought at NYC chanel store. Paypal did not even consider my proof and immediately went with whatever seller upload as proof. I shipped the bag back to seller and notice my case was close and gone. I called paypal, found out my case was close and deleted. Agent couldn't explain why and only open the case again. I told the agent what happened & was told to upload my proof and gave me a link to send and told me my case will be brought up to a supervisor attention. So the day after i called back and was told something else. So yesterday (sunday) another agent told me they don't need my proof once shipment verify it delivered. That they will handle with seller and get proof of description from seller. Which is unfair because they told it doesn't involve me anymore. That my evidence isn't needed. It's obvious they going to go with what the seller will give them and my money will be hers.It is a lot of money on hold and I do not want to deal with this headache, sleepless nights, anxiety... I haven't slept for 30 hrs. and so drained from this.  I want to let an attorney deal with them both but when can I start? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.