Specialty Store Order

JakeMyers33
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from a specialty store and bought it through PayPal as a guest, so I can’t check the transaction status (which is **bleep**). It’s been a week since I ordered it and I’ve received no communication whatsoever nor have I received my order. I have no way of contacting the seller and I get the feeling he/she just ran off with my money. Can PayPal help me with this in any way?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

dibauman

Same thing here!  The website was https://googlenest.nelookst.com/ and I thought it was the actual google nest store.  Never got a confirmation email.  When I sent an email to the address on my paypal confirmation, I got an automated reply that was worded HORRIBLY, saying my item was on its way and not to worry.  Ha - no company name, etc. 

I started a dispute with Paypal and they said it isn't an unauthorized payment, so they can't help.  I'm on the phone, on hold, right now with their support but am not too hopeful.  

I don't see this thing resolving and don't see me actually getting my item.

Login to Me Too

Makawai
Contributor
Contributor
They have a website for refurb technology. Glad I paid thru PayPal, though they didn’t send me any email until 2 wks later, via PayPal. Got $2.00 cheap wired earbuds instead 1st gen AirPods I paid $60 incl shipping for. Now, they want them back with a tracking number. USPS charges about as much to ship to China. Just saying, until PayPal drops them, stay away.
Login to Me Too

nik007
New Community Member

I have same question regarding Best specialty store item (nest thermostat). There is no way to find seller once you pay for it. Only info I have is Paypal receipt. Can paypal help to trace the seller ? or refund money? 

Login to Me Too

Shanep63
Contributor
Contributor
I too ordered $360 of items that are listed on my PayPal account merchant as Specialty Store on Nov 17th, 2020. PayPal has made the payment to whomever this thief is, and I haven't received my order. I emailed the merchant's email address that was listed and haven't received a response yet and this was a couple weeks back. PayPal users beware of the Specialty Store!!
Login to Me Too

mtepan24
Contributor
Contributor

I also fell victim of this scam on Dec 22nd. I emailed them too on the email that the website said to email to cancel the order and nothing. Keep copies of everything, go to their website and take screenshots of the cancellation instructions, along with some comments on this and the several other recent threads in this community about this company. Open a PayPal dispute and include all screenshots and explanation of exactly what happened. I told them the phone number on the website went straight to a personal mobile number and the IL address they put on the website is fake (which is what I realized after I had already sent the payment). Direct paypal to this thread on here too so they see this is a known scammer. PayPal closed my case immediately and refunded me my $ right away. Do it now before they run out of money, before this company closes their account. Take screenshots of everything and send them copies of all the emails you have sent to this company, do NOT let them take your $!

Login to Me Too

Diva1550
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is an absolute NIGHTMARE to try & get some sort of resolution for an item I bought September 2020. I tried the messaging & no one bothered to reply within an hour.  I tried telephoning them & just kept going in circles.  I tried starting a dispute & since the transaction was 6 months ago, they couldn't find it.  I tried using the online calendar on PayPal's website to look at transactions from 2020 & that just sent me in another endless circle.

PayPal says they have fraud protection in place & yet this store doesn't seem to exist or they just can't be bothered to monitor!  PayPal even send me an email about how the amount I paid was converted from USD to CND within hours of making the transaction!!  Shouldn't they have clued in the the fact that the site was fraudulent when they did THAT??  The Specialty Shop even ripped me off for $50 shipping!!  

I'l never, EVER use PayPal again & I'm going to make sure that everyone reading my FaceBook page knows not to use PayPal.  Not only was I, & MANY others scammed by a scammer, but PayPal is now trying to scam the customer as well with their useless website!

Login to Me Too

Makawai
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks to the community! Even though I have a USPS trace and proof of delivery for the item I sent back, I’m still out almost $80!! For PayPal to earn back my business, they must drop Specialty Store and refund the hundreds bilked by them.
Login to Me Too

Diva1550
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I doubt that  PayPal can do anything to earn back my business after the gong show I, you &  MANY others have experienced with fraudulent stores.  I've already filed a Better Business Bureau complaint in the US city PayPal is headquartered.  I'm also going to lodge a complaint with the Canadian Financial Ombudsman to start an investigation into PayPal.

It DOES seem strange that while PayPal yaps about fraud "protection" for customers using their service, when the rubber hits the tarmac, they are suspiciously "unable" to let someone file a complaint or get help.  

Login to Me Too

Makawai
Contributor
Contributor
BTW, I think it’s a inside job!! Someone who’s PayPal’s agent in China has to be making out BIG TIME!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.