Smilebox Scam

Celeste08_
Contributor
Contributor
Tried to create a slideshow for my grandmother funeral, The site asked for a $5 monthly subscription but I was charged for an annual subscription that I did not authorize and on that I was not able to download said item because that would require a even higher subscription. I already contacted the company but have seen multiple stories like my own and they did not receive a refund. I'm beyond stressed and disappointed.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Celeste08_ 

First cancel the automatic payment.

Finding your automatic payments on the PayPal website:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Manage automatic payments.
  4. Select the merchant.

On this page, you can Cancel the automatic payment and change the payment method.

Since these are subscriptions, they are “pre-approved”, you can file a dispute for item not received or significantly not as described to request a refund.

Do not file unauthorized transaction since there was no breach of your PayPal account to make this payment or PayPal will close your dispute without resolution.

Click the transaction in your account activity, then click Report a problem to start a dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.