Shixi Network Technology Co., Ltd.

Temp20210107
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anybody else in this group that would be interested in suing PAYPAL for supporting an outright fraudulent company?  PP has know from the outset that this company was fraudulent and has done NOTHING to get peoples money back.  If so, contact me.  I am very **bleep** that they have done this to me twice with two different companies.  Do they not check who they are working with.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210107 

Strange how folks are posting back to say they got a refund then isn't it.

Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your own transactions.
If you want to post back on what dispute you opened and what happened we may be able to give you further advice on getting your funds back again.

Paypal would not be able to check every seller / merchant in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.

However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them.......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210107 

Strange how folks are posting back to say they got a refund then isn't it.

Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your own transactions.
If you want to post back on what dispute you opened and what happened we may be able to give you further advice on getting your funds back again.

Paypal would not be able to check every seller / merchant in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.

However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them.......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pcarbone

I have an open case now against them.  They have agreed to refund my purchase, but when they sent me the return address, it was in Chinese.  There is absolutely no way I could send this item back.  I'm fed up with this, Paypal needs to step in

Login to Me Too

RyGr
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, I received a product 7 months after the order was place. It was far below the quality of what was displayed at purchase and only contained 1 of the many items that should have been included. The cost of the purchase was $55 and the item I received could be sold for $1. They refused to offer anything more than a 20% refund. 

Login to Me Too

thenoscam
Contributor
Contributor

>but when they sent me the return address, it was in Chinese.

You need to present a tracking number to Paypal. Sending items can be expensive. So take a picture, print it out, or write a link to the image on a piece of paper. Then send it with registration. Registration data has no weight anyway. That tracking number you can use with Paypal for the return.

In 99% of cases the Chinese address is fake anyway and they will not get the item whatsoever. The return item policy is only used by the scammers because they know that the return cost is often higher than the item cost. And sadly, in this respect, wrong items, scam items, Paypal fully supports scammers but not buyers. 

If you problem with the Chinese address, post it here for a romanisation. Google translate can do that too, use the Pinyin (remove all tone marks).

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.