Seller in breach of their own T&C's regarding change to order/cancellation - refusing a refund

JV_F1
New Community Member

Hi, I rented a Bike Bag to take my bike with me on a business trip, during which I would have some time to enjoy some cycling. A change of plan now means I will not be going on this trip and I would therefore not require this bag. The company invoiced me through PayPal and a I paid instantly. Their T&Cs section on their website does not explicitly refer to refunds but does state: "Any change must be confirmed by email with ourselves 48 hours in advance" My rental period is due to start about 192 hours from now and I have contacted them to inform them I no longer require the bag. They have replied to tell me that a refund is not possible as the item has already been dispatched (apparently they dispatch early to ensure it arrives on time...). I see no option within Paypal to dispute this (other than if it does not arrive or is not as described). Can anyone help me with my options here? Thanks, JV

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JV_F1

Sorry but really that is between you and the company.

Paypal only covers non receipt OR item not as described.

It does not cover 'change of mind'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JV_F1

Sorry but really that is between you and the company.

Paypal only covers non receipt OR item not as described.

It does not cover 'change of mind'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.