Scammed

abhishek530
New Community Member

So I bought a macbook pro from someone for $500 and I paid in full and after i payed he stopped replying to my texts and pretty much scammed me and i never got my product or a response from him ever since and I tried filing for a dispute and it just got denied and the case closed, this is such a pain in the **bleep**.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@abhishek530 

Sorry to hear about what had happened. I just want to clarify if did you file it as Item Non- Receipt , Significantly not as described or Unauthorized charge?. The reason I asked is, if you paid as ''good and service" and you did not received your item, the dispute should be filed as Item Non- Receipt instead of the other types of dispute.
It is important for us to know if how it was filed so we can determine why Paypal decided on the merchant's favor.

We also sent you an email about the outcome of the dispute stating why we close it on merchant's favor, If you have not received it, You may  send us a message so we can check it on our end.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.