Scammed by Swanation. PayPal less than helpful.

3quilibrium
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from a UK site (turns out it's anything but) called Swanation that disappeared the night of the sale. The only way I could see of complaining (due to the convoluted complaints process on here) was through unauthorised account complaints.

PayPal ignored all of the information I gave them (especially the fact that the site is now gone and online reviews all saying it was a scam company-which I should've checked) and just said no account irregularities and closed the issue. Now I can't do a complaint about the item not even arriving or having had no information from the company behind the scam, which appears to be based in China, with email addresses from other countries to make tracing them difficult. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

FlicHop
Contributor
Contributor
Similar problem. A scam seller, at least they sent me something - a cheap plastic item worth almost nothing, and nothing like what id ordered. Because i was unable to post it back (my city is in covid lockdown), they have closed my case. Postage would have cost about half what i paid already. Paypal buyer protection is useless
Login to Me Too

3quilibrium
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking into reducing my reliance on PayPal. I will NOT be conned again and be left with no help. Using bank card (or credit cards) may be a little more cumbersome at times but, better than feeling deflated by the lack of help, especially when you have spent silly amounts of money using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.