Scammed by Chinese seller again. PayPal won't refund.

ming ming tongda group co. ltd  is the seller

Case ID: PP-D-114271544  Paypal won't refund

Case ID: PP-D-110069627 From the SAME SELLER, SAME DAY = PAYPAL REFUNDED NO PROBLEM.

I ordered 2 hanging bamboo chairs, NOT A HUGE INVESTMENT BUT I RECEIVED NOTHING

So i go through the dispute process and after a day PayPal refunded one but the seller responded on the other and said they would send out the order ASAP and for me to please be patient ect. and they provided a TRACKING NUMBER.

2 weeks go by and I receive an EMPTY BAG FROM CHINA.

So I take a picture of the bag  and upload it and within 1 hour PayPal sides with the seller and closes my case no questions asked.

I can't be the only one who get ripped off by these "PayPal approved certified scammers" 

I recorded this on social media and the most simple minded person can EASILY see that you can literally start a scam business on PayPal as a viable means of making a living. And the Chinese are doing it with PayPal's blessings.

Does Elon Musk still run PayPal? Because someone is bed with communist scammers stealing money from people all over the world here.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Zakiyy27
New Community Member
I will never buy through paypal again..they are **bleep** foul..the seller provided fake tracking number but paypal can not verify and just denied my case. I got scammed for 190 dollars...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zakiyy27 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SMERL13
Contributor
Contributor
I had a dodgy chinese seller too that made an unorthorised transaction on my account. Paypal sided with them after only 4 days of me filing a dispute and closed my claim. Fast forward a few weeks and i read on a thread about contacting them via messenger in facebook so i did. Within half an hour the person i was speaking to advised me they would open my claim again under a different heading and hopefully that should sort it so it was reopened as item not received. Now they have actually questioned the seller and we are just waiting on their response now Give it a go. Good luck
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SMERL13 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal to open a second dispute for you.
 Glad you did and it worked out for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TwinkyMartinez 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.