Scammed as a seller

Worst-luck-ever
Contributor
Contributor

I’m going to try and keep this as detailed but brief as possible. I put an ad up on depop to sell some trainers, I had my buyer wanted 2 pairs. We decided to do it straight through PayPal to avoid depops cost. He asked me not to send it through his PayPal address as it was his sisters address in Italy (I’m from the UK, as does the buyer). I send the trainers out for delivery (next day signed for, with insurance covering both pairs). The buyer doesn’t message me with any problems, then I see he’s desputing it because he never got the receipt for one of the trainers - which he never asked for in the first place. After me showing all proof of postage and the conversation we had about him wanting it delivered to another address, PayPal somehow gave the buyer the win, and gave his money back while I’m in a double loss (lost £400 plus didn’t get my trainers back). I’ve been trying to resolve it but PayPal haven’t been less than helpful. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Worst-luck-ever
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to add that after he got his refund, he deleted his Depop account - which I also told PayPal about and showed proof.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.