Scammed Emma Online Sales

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought two bench top ovens from this seller on facebook, used paypal as a guest to pay via visa. Seven weeks later, nothing arrived, THEN last week I received a tiny e packet (snail mail) with a worthless little metal ring inside it. Seller doesn't reply to messages or emails, so onto Paypal.  What do you know, seller will refund but only if I send this damn piece of crap back, will cost me....wait for it...$74 NZD to send back via registered signed for courier (we cannot track and trace ordinary airmail from here). Really??? Now, Emma Online Sales on FB NOW are Arabic, the one I purchased from is in China. Different addresses, different telephone numbers and what do you know, the Emma Online Sales page I bought from no longer exists...and Paypal will not refund my money, so this bogus chinese scam artist has both my money and (perhaps imaginary) bench top ovens.  They obviously copied a genuine seller of this product and sold fresh air to people. So much for buyer protection...what a rort.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Justchris1
Contributor
Contributor
Yep, just come across this after ordering 2 sun loungers on 19th May. been fighting with PayPal. Initially for non receipt, then I received the crap brass ring so changed the claim to not as described. Was then offered a 25% refund and keep the ring which I rejected. Now been told I must return it for a full refund! As with others the cost of this is prohibitvly expensive so not going to happen! Just got to hope that like some i may actually eventually get my money back in the end. Good luck to the rest of you who have fallen foul of this scam company when many of us can least afford to lose money!!
Login to Me Too

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Lyn, thank you for contacting us about the email that you received. Upon checking here. Yes, the email that you receive is from PayPal we decided the case in your favor and we will process your refund going back to your card ending in <removed>. This usually takes 5 business days to reflect on your card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take one billing cycle to see the credit posted. Please contact your card issuer should you need any updates about the refund.  this is the message i finally received on August 14th from Jenalyn from Paypal.  Paypal are VERY aware of this scammer and promised me that they would be monitoring for any future scams from these people.  Clearly they have not and do not care. But please use my name and the above message I received (with a full refund received).  Good luck..

Login to Me Too

Mofo7
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still going through the dispute process. First PayPal asked me to file a claim with the police / fraud squad so I went to Action Fraud UK, however, I don’t have a printer so could only upload a pdf version of the report which did not turn out right. The resolution date kept being pushed forwards so I sent PayPal a message and they were reasonably helpful and let me know that the pdf of the Action Fraud report was not clear enough. They’ve sent me an email to complete which has a statement that says “instead of the item I ordered I received an item of little to no value” which I then had to print, sign and upload. Now just waiting on a response again. Keep going and good luck!!
Login to Me Too

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck **bleep**, let me know how you get on

Login to Me Too

Mofo7
Contributor
Contributor
Just came here to update that PayPal finally closed the case in my favour and I’m getting a full refund. What a hassle just to get thirty five quid (43 usd) back that I should be entitled to under PayPal’s “buyer protection” Advise others to message PayPal directly if the case is not progressing or you’re not getting the results you want.
Login to Me Too

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Good result, glad you didn't give up the fight..well done

Login to Me Too

Lynnie1954
Contributor
Contributor
Hi same here but PayPal has given me a Chinese address which our post office will reject. Under principal will return it they are scamming everyone and needs to be stopped. English address if anyone has it please.
Login to Me Too

Lynnie1954
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Do you have an address for these 😡😡😡😡. PayPal advising me to contact them but no assistance . Yup mine were sun loungers also. Why we are using PayPal I do not know as this is traumatic .
Login to Me Too

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly paypal should translate the address for you, they offered that for me, but my e packet was in in English.  It is no use returning the brass ring to them, they will not refund and it would cost you and arm and a leg to send it back via tracked signed for courier/post anyway. Do NOT give up hassling Paypal, took me a month of messaging them every single day up to four times a day.  They KNOW about this scam artist, they promised to monitor their account, but obviously they are not doing so.  Quote my case, feel free... I copied and pasted their final response to me and I received a full refund.  Don't give up... these chinese scammers are blatantly using paypal for their fraudulent behaviour and Paypal know it

Login to Me Too

Lynnie1954
Contributor
Contributor
Sick of trying to get an address in English. Not giving up as furious taking so long. Started end of May. The address given is in Chinese .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.