Scam warning - Xboxgamesale.com bestshoponline.com desklamps.xyz cheapfungame.com

Ben224
Contributor
Contributor

Xboxgamesale.com bestshoponline.com desklamps.xyz cheapfungame.com Has anyone else encountered issues with the above online stores. I purchased an xbox one controller and later found out it was being shipped from China. Although the website is in GBP. Almost 2 weeks later I recieved a small palm sized envelope containing a mobile phone handle. The web site have changed several to and from several addresses and the email keeps changing. I contacted the retailer and requested to cancel my order as soon as I spotted that the confirmation email was in Chinese. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy that they didnt adhere too. I opened up a dispute and asked PayPal to investigate. They replied to paypal saying that they sent me the correct item an xbox controller for £55.99, this is not the case! How would this have fitted in a palm size envelope and that was posted through my letterbox. A complete scam. After a google search inhave now found webpages describing how this company is a scam and scamming people all over. I do hope paypal can assist and see above their lies. Has anyone else come across these sites.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Jgrimm
Contributor
Contributor

Use the reason "item significantly not as described" for your dispute.  May help.

Login to Me Too

Deedee8981
Contributor
Contributor
i have just realised that the same thing happened to me paypal just closed my case with no contact because the tracking number was successful i got scammed for £99.95
Login to Me Too

Kel3380
Contributor
Contributor
I've also been scammed by this company. 2 months I have had a dispute open until this morning when PayPal closed my case and sided with the seller. I have phoned PayPal and explained my situation and they are now issuing me with a refund for the £103.99 I'd paid for an xbox 1
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Result!! It’s time Paypal stopped dealing with these companies 

Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Don’t let them win. Try calling Paypal as online seems to be useless. 

Login to Me Too

Abel27
Contributor
Contributor

everyone that has been scam by bestshoponline.com . needs to file a complaint at the federal trade commission. the more complaints they get. the better.

Login to Me Too

Sally79
Contributor
Contributor
The same happened to me via a fake Microsoft website, that rerouted to desklamps.com £187.99 for a controller, they sent me a cheap plastic iPhone case and have today offered me a £88 refund which I have declined. Not sure why the scammers think they should get to keep my £100 and I really hope PayPal don’t side with them.......
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Keep going with PayPal. Follow the rules regarding return of item/tracking etc (get PayPal to pay return postage). Take photograph for evidence of return package etc. Besides all of that, use social media to inform everyone not to buy off these Facebook ads as PayPal are useless and know about the scams. As I’ve already said previously, try using twitter to ask why these firms and PayPal keep scamming people. Good luck, don’t let the buggers win!!

Login to Me Too

Caguilar
Same thing happened but I took pictures of everything received and sent including tracking number pictures of receipts of shipping and pictures of postage and everything and got a refund after like 2 and half months with the claim.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.