Scam warning - Xboxgamesale.com bestshoponline.com desklamps.xyz cheapfungame.com

Ben224
Contributor
Contributor

Xboxgamesale.com bestshoponline.com desklamps.xyz cheapfungame.com Has anyone else encountered issues with the above online stores. I purchased an xbox one controller and later found out it was being shipped from China. Although the website is in GBP. Almost 2 weeks later I recieved a small palm sized envelope containing a mobile phone handle. The web site have changed several to and from several addresses and the email keeps changing. I contacted the retailer and requested to cancel my order as soon as I spotted that the confirmation email was in Chinese. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy that they didnt adhere too. I opened up a dispute and asked PayPal to investigate. They replied to paypal saying that they sent me the correct item an xbox controller for £55.99, this is not the case! How would this have fitted in a palm size envelope and that was posted through my letterbox. A complete scam. After a google search inhave now found webpages describing how this company is a scam and scamming people all over. I do hope paypal can assist and see above their lies. Has anyone else come across these sites.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Muzzy67
Contributor
Contributor
I too ordered a PS4 limited edition for 269.00 and a month and a half later got a .10 cent plastic chinese price of crap .I'm **bleep** .How do they even have a PayPal account to scam people .Trump is right those people are scammers . Never again will I buy anything marked made in China .China sucks.
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

I have just answered another post regarding these Chinese scammers. Please do as I have done and post far and wide on social media pointing out about these and also PayPal’s refusal to deal with these issues. We need to flood social media and maybe something will be done.

Login to Me Too

Niqueshantel
Contributor
Contributor
Has Paypal helped you??? This website is a scam!! I’ve read all the bad reviews online. I tried to get my money back after reading but PayPal is giving me the run around.
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

They weren’t helpful at all. Kept repeating that I had to return item to get full refund. As you will have read on here, shipping costs more than the shoddy item sent. I have tried to spread the message far and wide on social media, twitter etc and emailed my member of parliament. Yesterday PayPal told me they had ruled against me as no tracking info etc but today they have told me I’m getting full refund??  We will see as it won’t be in my bank for a few days they said. All I can advise is to keep on at them and also get the word out there about Chinese scams and PayPal’s lack of help.

Login to Me Too

Caguilar
They did exactly the same with me what your describing and it took me from June 24 to September 20 to finally get a full refund. My amount was $349.99. PayPal did refund though.
Login to Me Too

Abel27
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here. file a report with  the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. 

Login to Me Too

Jgrimm
Contributor
Contributor

Had similar experience with purchasing a Nest Camera and Google WiFi.  Once I disputed with PayPal I received a small plastic toy from China that was not the $600 Google equipment I was expecting but the tracking number matched what the seller provided to PayPal.  PayPal rejected my claim so I’m going through American Express.  If PayPal keeps getting multiple complaints about this seller why do they still let them have an account ?  I’m now going to consider legal action vs PalPal since it appears this is a pattern that they have been aware of but seem to deny. Luckily I kept the item and packaging item that was sent.

Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Good on you. PayPal should stop dealing with these scammers. Surely they know about them by the amount of complaints they get of the same nature.  Legal action might just make them more accountable.

Login to Me Too

Lavinia53
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been scammed by this false seller. Ordered xbox and controller for my grandson birthday. logged dispute within a week once I could see that item was from China as not advertised on website and asked for a refund. No email address for seller.  I also received a plastic iPhone cover in the post which reading other comments I know realise is from the scammer who is obviously doing this to try and prove an item has been sent to my address!!!.  I am so upset and cannot afford to buy this item again. I was on here today to try and speak with someone as paypal keep changing date on when my case will be resolved. I have now escalated it to a claim and will be contacting my credit card company. There should be a way of not allowing any paypal payments to these false companies once Paypal are made aware they are scamming people.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.