Scam, Fraud, PayPal-Bot, Resolution Dispute, Unreasonable Return Terms

ODAN1
Contributor
Contributor

Made a purchase from "Dream Store"; at website "lucyangus.com"; and PayPal charge processed in USD as *YIHODIANZI SA" for "Colorful Floor Lamp. Eventually, I received a small package of LEDs shipped from "Lee, <removed>." The product was not the product as advertised, and it certainly was not a floor lamp or corner lamp in the true sense of the definition. PayPal expeditiously charged my credit card and paid the seller.

I disputed the transaction. PayPal's system for managing disputes between seller and buyer appears to be a mechanized conduit for messaging (i.e., Bot). The messaged buyer correspondence was from "Shenzhen Yihao Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd." At no time was I able to speak with anyone from PayPal.

At the time of my purchase, I had searched for reviews about Dream Store with no results, but later searches for Shenzhen Yihao Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. returned several negative results.

There are a total number of six entities, not including PayPal, and including the correspondent affiliated with Shenzhen Yihao Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. who used a hotmail account and not a company email address, insinuating a free agent and not an employee of Shenzhen Yihao Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.. This organization is shielded and veiled by a half-dozen entities. One might be led to think that this is similar to a Racketeer Organization (RICO) .

After several non-sensical exchanges with the seller (the correspondent pretended or feigned a confused understanding of simple English statements — PayPal did not clarify or intercede to facilitate the dispute process at any time during several email exchanges. I demanded a full-refund; I was offered about one-third of the full-purchase paid; I  again demanded a full-refund.

I finally received an offer for the full-refund. The seller said, "Once [a bunch of Chinese characters] confirms that they've received the item(s), we'll process the refund and close this case. (This is clearly not from where the package was shipped from in Jamaica, NY; I had no idea where this 'address' is located; I know it is not in the US; Google Maps shows this location to be in Shenzhen's Financial District).

I made my transaction in the US; paid in USD; and received a package with a label indicating it was shipped in the US. At no time has PayPal corresponded directly with me. In fact, I can't I cannot find a way to correspond with PayPal. It's ridiculous to constructively prevent my return and avoid making a refund. My attempt to correspond ridiculous terms for the return will only allow me to provide a tracking number to send the package back to <removed>Buyer's Return Address.

I'm would think that this is a violation of US FTC guidelines — or it should be.

PAYPAL — Act like you are in business for buyers and sellers and are doing a value-added service besides and exchanging collecting money.

RESOLUTION — I called my credit card issuer and demanded a refund for the full-amount, and they agreed. I may have to furnish additional documentation, which I'll be glad to oblige. I'll contact my Attorney General and FTC to file a complaint. PayPal appears to be facilitating fraud and failing to protect their buyers. PAYPAL is not providing due diligence to faithfully service their customers constituency.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

1381russell
New Community Member
Sounds similar to mine. Was buy 1 get 1 lamp. I bought 3 so expecting 6 lamps. I got 3 light strips for about $90. I’m going to try refund through PP.
Login to Me Too

evolv512
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. This is an utter and complete scam, and I'm sad I fell for it. Thankfully only ~40ish dollars but at this point I'd rather they get kicked off Paypal as getting my money back doesn't even seem worth the effort.

I wish the product page was still up, as I remember linking it to someone and them saying "oh that's cool it has legs and stands in the corner". Even if I am wrong and the only picture they ever had up was the one in my purchase receipt which looks like it might not show legs, nobody in their right mind would ever use the term lamp to describe a small string of led lights. Not only that, but they didn't even honor the buy one get one so doubly scam.

The first email response completely ignored me saying this is not the product advertised and tried to convince me it is easy to operate. When I demanded a refund I was offered 10% off. Like I said, the amount of work it would take to get 40 bucks back doesn't seem like it will be worth it but I sure would like to see their paypal account closed.

Login to Me Too

TWG069
New Community Member
Same story here. Bought these online through an instagram ad and feel for the marketing of buy 1 get 1 free, LED floor lamp. Instead what arrived was some kind of LEDs that you can stick to a surface. Note only 1 unit was shipped. When I contacted the seller to dispute the missing unit I was eventually told this only applied to their first 50 customers and unfortunately my transaction fell outside the first 50. I requested they reconsider prior to me raising this with PayPal and providing negative reviews but they don't seem to care. Stay away, fraudulent company selling products different to description and using false quantity offers as well.
Login to Me Too

mg0625
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Unit looked nothing like the pictures, only about a foot tall, and green light only. The other "lamp" was actually an LED strip about 1 meter long with adhesive backing. It was defective - only half the strip functioned, and it was not a lamp at all.

We got scammed folks....

PP refunded me almost right away, so I'm happy with that. 

Login to Me Too

BlaizeReal
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in Canada and have reported this to our Cyber Crime Unit and filed a BBB complaint against PayPal. This is a brilliant scam cant wait to try it!

Login to Me Too

djgap
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I'm the latest scam victim, I just received my delivery yesterday, here in Canada. I immediately went to the website to review the item description and saw that the item has been removed from their website. It's of some comfort to have discovered this page via google and find further evidence of this vendor's fraud.  I quickly emailed the website contact requesting a full refund, noticing that it's only a gmail account, another red flag.  I've yet to get any response. I'll wait for a day then contact my credit card company. From most accounts I've read, it looks like I'd be wasting my time with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Ivy458
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. it was a buy one get one free floor lamp that was advertised and I received a 12 inch strip of lights, made very poorly, I actually had no idea where it came from as I did not order anything like that. i checked the tracking and it happened to be my 2 floor lamps? i am disputing the charge with my credit card company right now and have tried to contact the sellar multiple times to ask for refund, but have not heard back. i was given fake tracking information, so I cannot even file with the BBB. Help! I spent $38.08 on this! Looks like it was shipped from Yanwen China. That is all I know.

Login to Me Too

zeebopp
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same issue with this company. Paypal was able to resolve and provide a full refund. It took a little while, but it happened.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.