Resolution center is worthless.

Txbiker254
Contributor
Contributor

Ya Ya I know I should have paid more attention. I tried to buy folding chairs from a scammer. Instead of getting chairs I got bags. Filed a dispute and escalated the claim a few days later. Some how it changed from didn't get what I ordered to order not delivered. I've been trying for 5 days to appeal the case. Can't contact customer service by phone it hangs up after going through it's pre recorded b.s. The message center is not too much better but do get responses although incorrect. Twice today I got to appeal your case go to the bottom of your main page under more about your account. Well that button is on the upper right. Then guide you to the resolution center. Told me to appeal the closed case I need to open the dropdown menu in the action tab which there is none just a view button. The case is not past the 10 day appeal period. Now at this point I've been hung up on 3 times trying different ways to talk to a live person. Talked to 3 different people sending me old information on how to submit an appeal and a grand total of 4 hours wasted on my messages are being transferred to the dispute department WT holy F couldn't we have done that hours ago when I tell them there's no dropdown to start the appeal process just a view button. The dispute department and process is questionable at best anyway. I started it with I didn't get the item I paid for 2 chairs. which was clearly stated in the notes with photos and documentation attached directly from the transaction. This turned into I didn't receive my purchase which they happily provided me a tracking number that I had for 3 weeks. I understand they're at minimal staffing as far as talking live I was willing to wait, but the message center reading from a help file??? Then you get someone and send a message back immediately and nothing for a half hour then another person who has no idea of what your trying to do.....Come on. Sorry for the wandering rant. I've used paypal for years with no issues and they always made sure I got a refund when a seller tried to run a scam, but now it looks like I'm going to be out my purchase price because I can't get an ounce of intelligent support from the ones that are supposed to help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Designsuite311
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree. I am over PayPal and their Resolution Center. I have been sitting in front of the computer for over an hour, and they haven't resolved anything. At this point I have literally begged them to call me over the phone. Of course they wont though. Once I get this resolved, I am completely done with this company. 

Login to Me Too

Txbiker254
Contributor
Contributor
Took me 4 hours and 7 different people through messages but got my case changed from did not receive to not what I ordered. What a PITA. Seems their computers scan disputes and files them by keywords and the multiple choice questions. No human read my duspute or it would have been resolved weeks ago. If they still find for my scammer I'm done. Theres alot of other pat services out there and I'm going to look into all of them. This was above and beyond too much for a simple claim. Hope you finally get someone with sense and customer service oriented. Good luck.......
Login to Me Too

Txbiker254
Contributor
Contributor

Well after a total of 12 hours in the message center talking to countless customer service rep's I got my case resolved. I filed a claim because I didn't get the product that I ordered I was a victim of a bait and switch scam as embarrassing as it was i fell into one. Anyway I filed my dispute as didn't get what I purchased and some how it changed to package not delivered???!!! I had tracking and the crap they sent me but pay pal closed the case because tracking showed it delivered. Sad because 1. that's not what I initially filed and 2, If a human took care of and read my claim they would have noticed in the lengthy  note I left that I didn't get the product I ordered not that it wasn't delivered. Then you find out you can't file another dispute. then you try to appeal the case and there's no way to do it through the resolution center even though 10 days have not passed since the case was closed. Calling to talk to a human is impossible and frustration. All you get is the nauseating robo messages that lead to no where then it hangs up on you over and over. Your finally left with messaging to try to get any reasonable help when you find it's not helpful either. You get people that give you stock answers that have nothing to do with your specific question. So your getting madder by the minute and still are miles away from anything that resembles a sane answer. I went through 7 different people the first hour on day one. Number 8 was helpful looked at my claim read the text of my message and changed it to what I filed the previous week. While this was happening 3 more rep's chimed in with their generic answers to my problem apparently not seeing that some one that knows their job has helped me. We left the message open incase anything else comes up  and the next day 5 more generic solutions seems no one follows the trail and they just jump in with trivial b.s. By afternoon of day 2 I get a message that pay pal wants me to file a complaint with the post office or internet crimes or something and send them proof. Here we go more hoops to jump through. USPS is basically useless unless the package was insured and could care less what you got but that you got a package with the tracking number on it. So off to IC3 ant the 3 page form your required to fill out. Fairly simple, fill out what you can and what happened to you and file the report. The pita comes in when you try to save the report you just filled out. You need to save it so you can submit it to pay pal and you just can't right click and save to desktop but you can print it. Then you get to scan it back in and save it to your desktop as a jpg, jpeg that pay pal can see. Now you get to log back in and go to your case to upload the pages you spent 45 minutes getting ready. You drag and drop and click submit then nothing it's like you never did a thing then on attempt number 3 you see that you were logged out somehow but still in your claim how this happens I will never know even my rep that helped me couldn't understand how I was able to contact him see my claim manipulate it by dropping the documents in but not being able to submit to the claim. I logged out then back in dug my way back to my claim dropped the documents in for the fourth time, hold my breath click submit. Finally it uploads and the case continues. The next damn day and early morning mind you I get an email saying I will be refunded yada yada. Awesome it's done, but shouldn't have been that damn difficult to process a simple I was a dumb **bleep** and got scammed claim. Way too many moving parts. Customer service is basically a joke aside from 2 people in two days that were helpful and read my questions to my problem. Kinda sad that they in a underhanded way made me feel like I was trying to pull something on them by making me file the internet crimes report to prove my case. One more thing while I'm on the subject of something else that is sub par at pay pal the phone app is a total piece of crap. Not worth having unless you just want basic information about your account. You cant file a dispute, message customer support, read messages, and god knows what else save the headache and just use a computer. I've used pay pal for 17 years without an issue I've filed disputes that have been resolved in 24 hours without any hoops to jump through and no need to prove the validity of my claim. I don't know what happened but my slick little pay site has fallen apart. I will look for alternatives there's alot out there just need to research and find the right one again. To people that are having problems don't give up, keep repeating your issue, hell get loud with them, word things like your explaining to a child, it finally worked with me It's going to take a bit keep pounding on them until you get a real rep that knows why they were hired. 2 days and 12 hours of computer time solved my case get yours done too. The less they close in favor of the seller the more money they make so why be helpful. Just sayin.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.