Resolution Center Closed my Case

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a patio set that I saw on Facebook. When advertisers advertise on FB you can’t see where they are coming from. Unfortunately for me once I had already paid for this set and got the receipt for payment I saw it was coming straight from China. I know I’d never see it; because it’s so heavy. Anyway I tried to cancel. I contacted the seller and their web site isn’t even a web site at all. I filed a PayPal dispute immediately; I called PayPal immediately . The dispute center closed my dispute and told me that I didn’t have a case. I haven’t received what I purchased and the two representatives were rude and told me that once a case is closed it’s closed. My loss, I’m so angry with PayPal I will never use it again. Every time I’ve used it, it has been a bad experience. I’m very disappointed and would like PayPal to back the customer for once. This was a fixed fraudulent event and they allowed it to happen. I can’t get my money back, I haven’t heard from them at all.
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

angcrst

Basically the same deal for me. I bought shoes through a facebook ad that I realized pretty quickly was likely fraudulent. Sure enough they posted a bogus tracking number that listed the item delivered on the same day as the purchase. I started a dispute so the seller just posted another bogus tracking number. All it would have taken was checking the tracking number (the new one was supposedly delivered 2 days before the number was created) and Paypal thought that was cool. Apparently once they consider a dispute decided it's over even though I wasn't allowed to respond to the new information the seller listed.  I'm never using Paypal again. I've been a customer for 20 years but this was complete garbage.

Login to Me Too

maximigorzam
New Community Member

I opened a case in which I was clearly defrauded. (Case ID: PP-D-87385012) I paid nearly $500 for web design services, and after a few weeks the company disappeared and didn't respond to my emails or texts. I opened a dispute with PayPal. Without contacting me in any way to inform me of the status of my dispute, PayPal simply closed the case and did not refund the money stolen from me. There is no link in the resolution center to appeal the decision. PayPal, you can't do this. This is wrong. Please refund my money. I've tried to call customer service to talk to a human but continue to get the message that no representatives are available. PayPal, please right this egregious wrong. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

JudyV57

I went to the resolution center for help getting a refund for an item I refused.  The seller stopped responding to emails once I wanted to cancel the order and shipped it anyway.  Paypal asked for documentation and gave me 3 days to provide it.  I sent it the next day and then received an email from Paypal that my case was closed because I didn't respond to their request.  I had responded plus there were still 2 days left until the deadline they gave me to respond.  Now my case has disappeared.  I am not going to use Paypal ever again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.