Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution Center Closed my Case

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Resolution Center Closed my Case

I ordered a patio set that I saw on Facebook. When advertisers advertise on FB you can’t see where they are coming from. Unfortunately for me once I had already paid for this set and got the receipt for payment I saw it was coming straight from China. I know I’d never see it; because it’s so heavy. Anyway I tried to cancel. I contacted the seller and their web site isn’t even a web site at all. I filed a PayPal dispute immediately; I called PayPal immediately . The dispute center closed my dispute and told me that I didn’t have a case. I haven’t received what I purchased and the two representatives were rude and told me that once a case is closed it’s closed. My loss, I’m so angry with PayPal I will never use it again. Every time I’ve used it, it has been a bad experience. I’m very disappointed and would like PayPal to back the customer for once. This was a fixed fraudulent event and they allowed it to happen. I can’t get my money back, I haven’t heard from them at all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PayPal Employee

Re: Resolution Center Closed my Case

Hi @1stpicturelady 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  I'm sorry that the dispute you had filed was closed but no worries i'm here to help you on this matter, as well as i deeply apologized for the mistreatment that you had encountered.  My question is:  was the merchant able to secure a valid tracking number?  If yes, have you or PayPal able to check the validity of this tracking number?  If the merchant was able to provide a tracking number wherein i assumed that it was valid since the case was closed.  Now what you are going to do right is to file an appeal so that the case will be reopen.  Right now all our customer phone support is closed all you have to do is login to your PayPal account  and go to your Message Center and there will be an option for you to chat with our Chat Support representative they have the capacity to reopen your case and they will give you some details as well as on what you will need to submit for the appeal process.  Hope i was able to assist you.  Stay Safe.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
PayPal Employee

Hi @1stpicturelady 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  I'm sorry that the dispute you had filed was closed but no worries i'm here to help you on this matter, as well as i deeply apologized for the mistreatment that you had encountered.  My question is:  was the merchant able to secure a valid tracking number?  If yes, have you or PayPal able to check the validity of this tracking number?  If the merchant was able to provide a tracking number wherein i assumed that it was valid since the case was closed.  Now what you are going to do right is to file an appeal so that the case will be reopen.  Right now all our customer phone support is closed all you have to do is login to your PayPal account  and go to your Message Center and there will be an option for you to chat with our Chat Support representative they have the capacity to reopen your case and they will give you some details as well as on what you will need to submit for the appeal process.  Hope i was able to assist you.  Stay Safe.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

No tracking number and I filed an appeal. They said case was closed.
Highlighted
Contributor

What is the phone line number? How do I file a dispute?
Highlighted
PayPal Employee

Hi @CatChat 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due
to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. However, it does not stop us from doing service to our customer, PayPal just open a chat support to service our customer all you have to do is login to your PayPal account and go to Message Center look for the option for Chat wherein you can be able to chat with customer service and they will be more than willing to assist you.
Stay safe and God Bless you and your family.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have not seen the refund.
Tags (1)
Highlighted

Is it possible to talk to real person. I have filed a cas and the seller gave a fake UPS routing number. I called UPS and they verifies the fake number. I want the aeller to refund me my money and I don't want paypal to close my case. Because of the routing number. I just nees to talk to a real person to add this information to my case and possibly escalate the case.
Highlighted
Contributor

I had the exact same problem.....let me know if you were able to resolve

Highlighted
Contributor

No, no tracking number at all.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor

Does anyone have a current email address for PayPal? I can't get anyone to respond to phone calls or that stupid virtual messaging agent about my case.

I need to speak to a live agent regarding a closed case that was decided in the sellers favor. I received an email stating my Case Resolution was decided in seller's favor and the adjudication reason was based on the valid tracking info provided by the seller. I maintain the item was NOT DELIVERED, and I would like the tracking info of the Delivery Service Provider in the State of New Jersey that the seller claims delivered this item (UPS, USPS, FED EX, AMAZON PRIME, etc.). I will personally contact the delivery service and request a conformation of the exact address they delivered it to. You cannot close a case in the seller’s favor if they give a fraudulent tracking number and claim it was delivered. I can only conclude PayPal simply took the word of an unscrupulous seller without taking the time or effort to verify that the delivery service in this state even exists or verified the tracking with a legitimate delivery service in New Jersey. If there is a valid Delivery Service in New Jersey as the seller claims it will be easy to contact them and determine if in fact they made Any Delivery for the Seller, and obtain any valid information they have about the MISSING ITEM! If there is no such delivery service or if the delivery service was never charged with delivering my item then PayPal used fraudulent information provided by the seller to make a determination about my case in the seller’s behalf. If that is the case and PayPal is an honest and legitimate company then I should in all fairness receive my refund.

This is not about the money or the refund anymore. It is about honesty, integrity and the reputation of a company that prides itself as a trusted guardian of the consumer’s funds in America. I certainly hope I haven't been misled by more than just the seller involved in my case.