Refund from currys pc World!

mpeters91
Contributor
Contributor
Good afternoon, I am currently waiting for a refund from currys pc World, the retailer has said they have processed the refund their end and it will be in my bank within 5 wprling days, however, 6 working days have passed still yet to recieve it. Currys have said its PayPal that have got the money? I opened a dispute for this transaction over a month ago as the retailer where not replying to my calls regarding returning my items. Since opening the dispute PayPal for some reason limited my account.. This is a large refund! Over £4500, how do I get my money back? I have copies of the emails from currys syying they have sent the funds an processed the refund. Thankyou
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mpeters91 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mpeters91
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou for your reply! As soon as the merchant pressed refund should that not have shown on my PayPal straight away? As nothing has come through on PayPal to suggest the refund.
Login to Me Too

Sher191
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mpeter91,

Did you have any luck ? 

I am having the exact same problem as you described. 

Paypal keep sending automated messages when I have sent messages to them. I even contacted Paypal on twitter because of the limitations it states I cannot send or receive money and not receiving actual replies, just automated ones. 

Literally going round in circles ! I do not know what to do now..! 

Login to Me Too

PMullin
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here. I raised dispute but paypal ruled against with no communication to me. I have appealed. Not sure if Currys or Paypal where problem is. I have asked for them to confirm if they have received refund from currys. If they have paypal have simply not applied the money correctly to my card and will need to sort it out. Customer always right except when its currys or paypal.
Login to Me Too

MadeInMaidstone
New Community Member

Im having exactly the same problem. They have said the "Money has left our account this end"  - which we all know is a lie. Ive now had to take screen shots of my PayPal account and send them via Twitter. Its only a small amount but its the principle.... I have had to repurchase the item elsewhere as they couldn't supply a replacement, so I've currently paid the item twice! i'm so annoyed with them!!! -  it also take FOREVER to get any where with them!!! 

Login to Me Too

JimH2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Login to Me Too

DG1234
Contributor
Contributor
Having same problem. Both deny having my money for a faulty tumble dryer collected by Currys on 12th July 2021. Can anyone advise as I'm totally demented. PayPal dispute is absolutely rubbish and no help whatsoever. HELP!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.