Refund for a flight ticket canceled by Aeroflot

izos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello gentlemen. Please help me get my money back!
My wife and I are elderly people (75 years old, it is difficult for us to fight against bureaucracy).
September 27, 2019 I bought two tickets on Aeroflot website, booking #HWHGDP
and paid by PayPal - Transaction ID: 4YT46175HN2392627. Tickets have been received.
Due to known issues (Covid 19), the flight was canceled.
Aeroflot said that the refund was made 03/27/2020 "payment agent" (probably PayPal). But the money did not return to the account.
   Aeroflot answers my complaints:
"At your request, we inform you that you need to open a dispute in the PAYPAL payment system for the amount of the refund on your ticket."
    More than 180 days have passed since the date of purchase of the ticket and PayPal refuses to open a dispute.
I can’t talk on the phone with a PayPal representative - only the answering machine answers.
    I would be grateful for any help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

vikramkr
New Community Member

Hello! I received a refund for cancelled Aeroflot flights by contacting InvoiceBox, as that was the entity which charged me for the flights via PayPal on Aeroflot's website - not Aeroflot itself: https://www.invoicebox.ru/en/support/buyer/

Login to Me Too

baldyga
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I just solved my issue. It is true that you have to contact the Invoice Box, as the other reply in the topic suggests. Use the link that's shown. At first, Invoice Box sent me the document that should confirm they sent the money to PayPal. I believed it, and I proceeded to ask PayPal where the money is or if it's a technical issue on their side, but PayPal said that there was no transaction aka return made to my account and that I have to go back to the seller and clarify. After that I got very angry and started bothering Invoice Box by sending them messages every day and threatening that I will not stop until they clarify that issue internally (they tried to give me the old bull... again). After short time of doing this they finally sent the money, I have just received the notification from PayPal about my refund. So it seems like you just need to be very persistent. Of course it was my right to do it because I had purchased insurance in case of cancellation etc. Good luck to everyone with the same issue!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.