Refund Problem

Bettyboop1944
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I did not receive an item and the seller agreed to refund me ( this was on the 11th of April ) and it showed in my paypal account and said , "The money has been refunded to your PayPal balance. It will be made available on or around 18 April 2019 " .

Then I get a message from Paypal on  " A refund by Gary Horton was not processed successfully, Please contact the sender of this refund for more information " , contacted seller but no reply .

Then I get another message from paypal today 21.04.19 , "  We received the claim(s) you opened on 17 April 2019.

We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because a credit for this transaction has already posted to your account. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction " .

But I have not received a refund in my paypal or my Bank account associated with my Paypal account ! . it had been posted has they said then it was either cancelled or denied .

Surely they can see if it has or hasn't been totally refunded ! .

cheers

Anne

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bettyboop1944 

Give them a call and state that you want the dispute re-opened as the refund failed.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.