Refund Help Craigslist Scam

AK_2372
Contributor
Contributor

I met up with a person from Craigslist who was selling a console for a really good price. I contacted the person about it and they said that I could make a sort of deposit down for an insurance I sent the money through Paypal and they told me to send it to friends and family as it made sense at the time as I was hoping to pick it up so they didn't need to ship it. They said that I would be able to see the console before I paid the rest of the money and I agreed to it as they gave me their address and I went there . When I got there I msg them that I was at there place they then told me that I had to pay the rest of the money before I could even see the thing I went and said to them that wasn't what we had agreed upon and that once I saw the console then I would send the rest of the money. They wouldn't even get out of their apartment probably just put me onto a wild goose chase. I sat there for an hour msg back and fourth saying that once they got all the money then they would show me it but I didn't as there was a high chance that they just stop messaging me. I requested a refund they said no that they wanted the rest of the money sent. I said that didn't make any sense as I didn't want the console anymore  after all the nonsense they are going through  after that they  stopped messaging back probably looking for their next victim. I need help with wanting a refund as I am now out $88 plus the charge fees can I get a refund back if a used friends and family?

IMG-5321.PNGIMG-5324.PNGIMG-5322.PNG

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.