Re: Query about transaction from Linda Smith Lee.

Niamhk
Contributor
Contributor
I was nearly a recent victim of Linda Smith lee. PayPal supposedly emailed me saying they weren't transferring me my payment until I paid a balance of 160 because linda apparently could only transfer a minimum of 400 my payment was 220 PayPal apperantley paid 180 and I was to pay the rest. Got was looked liked PayPal emails asking me to do this. She lives in the UK and I had a courier ready to collect the package I was selling on done deal luckily I copped it was a scam before I left it go with the courier. Would have been robbed twice. Stay away from her
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Niamhk 

Scams been ongoing for about 20 years and all over this forum, glad you were not caught out.

The names would be false, they work in another continent normally from a public internet cafe and use hijacked names / ebay i.d's or email addresses. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shazam2
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email yesterday to say she wanted to buy my PS4 for sale and she can pay through PayPal, I agrees but then googled her and seen it was a scam, I emailed and told her not to bother sending the money as I won’t be continuing with the transaction, I got an email at 2am to say she transferred the money but it is pending, when I log in there is nothing there, she wants me to send the package and the tracking number and PayPal will realise the money🤣absolute scam please don’t get caught by this fake email linda smith lee. Text message originally came in from Johnfelix20 so be cautious
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.