Re: Counterfeit Item

jill226
New Community Member

I made an online purchase of some Nike shoes for my teenager. The shoes that came are obvious fakes. I contacted seller through their website, no response. I opened a dispute through paypal. The seller finally responded through paypal and agreed to refund my amount upon receiving the item back from me. HOWEVER, they gave a fake address. There is no way I can send them the item they only gave a few names, no street number or address and what appears may be a city and zipcode in Vietnam if that is not fake too. I am having problems reaching customer support through paypal. What can I do other than contact my credit card company? Please help if anyone can! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jill226 

Have you escalated to a claim, if you do and paypal find in your favour then paypal normally give you  the return address.

Make sure you have activated the return shipping on us link in your paypal account so you can get help with return costs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jill226
New Community Member

Thank you for the quick response. This is my first time with a dispute. I have escalated it to a claim. However, the only option that I see is uploading tracking information which I cannot because the seller only provided a fake return address. I have tried to contact paypal customer service through message but have not heard back. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jill226 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jill226
New Community Member

I think the messenger app is manned by a bot only, it just says it cannot understand and to just search help center. Thanks anyway. I think I will wait a little longer for response and then contact my credit card company. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.