Issues with a Refund

kandylac1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I purchased an item on eBay on May 8, 2020. The item was 2 tickets to a Tampa Bay vs New Orleans football game that hasnt taken place. The seller sent me a link to transfer the tickets after the payment of $300 was made. During the months that passed, it was undecided by the NFL if the games would continue or be cancelled. The seller assured me that I would be refunded in the event of a cancellation of games. It turns out that the NFL cancelled all games and refunded season ticket holders such as my seller. They then would sell separate tickets to individuals. This means my tickets were cancelled. I messaged the seller and he agreed to refund me. I contact eBay since I didnt have the option to request a refund. They stated since it was over 30 days they couldnt help me. I was then asked to contact the seller. I advised the seller that I would need him to send the refund. He stated he would do it but I had to request it via eBay. Needless to say I got nowhere. I then contacted the financing company that I used for payment which was Klarna. They allowed me to use a ghost card which covered the $300. Part of the this transaction included me adding a backup card for 4 payments of $75.00. As long as the payments cleared on time there was no interest involved. I messaged them to discuss the issue but ultimately they said they couldnt help since payments were actually made via Paypal. I then spoke to a rep who assisted me in opening a case. Part of the process required me to send documents to support my claim. I sent over 10 different screenshots of conversation and emails between me, the seller, eBay and Klarna. After a week they asked me for more documents which required to be receipts of the transactions which I submitted. I then received an email last week saying that the documents I sent were insufficient and they wanted more proof. I dont know what else is needed. I have tried calling the last 4 days and no one answers. I stay on hold 30+ minutes and the call hangs up. When I do speak with someone at Paypal they say I need card services and I get transferred and again the call ends. I need my refund. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.