Question about disputes

Daisy-wang44
Contributor
Contributor
Recently bought a necklace from Depop seller did not provide pics of the damaged (2 areas )on the necklace...so I contact the seller and she doesn’t want to refund at all. It cost me 75$ for a damaged and cheap necklace ??? Will I get my money back even if the seller doesn’t respond to the case??? Because it is said the case will be closed after 12 days?? I’m so worried the seller will just get away w my money which she scammed 😞 please help anyone :((
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daisy-wang44 

Have you escalated the dispute to a claim and did you file the correct dispute of item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Daisy-wang44
Contributor
Contributor
Hi so I did open the dispute on PayPal’s resolution center as item not as described however PayPal stayed until the claim “seller escalated, and then “we’ve received seller’s info” and we’be reviewing the info” however does that mean PayPal is really gonna help me fight my money back I’m just worried what if the seller just lie ?? How would I get my money back :((
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daisy-wang44 

Paypal makes a judgement call as they never see the item in question.

So you needed to have provided as much information in the dispute section on why the item was ''significantly'' not as described before escalating to a claim as the seller will counter.

If you lose then you have the options of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a c.c. OR small claims court action if that is an option in the countries you are both in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.