Question - How to properly manage a Business PayPal Account?

omerikio
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a question about how to manage properly Business account and avoiding getting locked / restricted.

1 - Do I need to have an IRL company / business

2 - If the answer for 1. is yes, How exactly do i connect my irl company to my paypal business account

3 - Is it safe to get payments directly from my clients (for service of course) - without any legitimate 3rd party website like eBay etc..

ultimately i just want to be able to use paypal, for business - receiving money from clients + sending money to my workers, without the constant fear of getting locked out due to "suspicious activity" or "ToS violation". How do I do that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Omeriko,

Regarding into Business PayPal Accounts you usually wouldn't need to add your IRL but it is recommend to so they can at least know who you are and what services they are dealing with.

You can safely take Payments Directly from PayPal without having a third party as long as you have your own website or can share a Payment Link with them then you should be good to go 🙂

Thanks,

Harley <removed>

If you've found this helpful please give me a kudo!

Login to Me Too

omerikio
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is... I have a well maintained discord server, I dont know if it counts as website but my clients are very happy with it.

I'm sharing my paypal Email address and that's how they pay me, if that counts as payment link.

but this is not the problem, im not having issues managing my services and payments with my customers. 

My problem is dealing with paypal, they restrict my account (without saying the reason other than "violating the terms of services") and I need to know how can I prove that i'm legit and avoid being restricted like that.

tried reaching to them multiple time and I all get is their automated message that says that they have the rights to restrict accounts that they find suspicious.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.