Queenfy - another Chinese scam site selling women's clothing

cinnamongurlee
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a pile of polyester jumpsuits for a 70's themed dealio.

I got a package - one item.  emailed.  they said they sent two packages and to stand by.

Went on vacation - the other package arrived. One of the items was not what I ordered.  In fact all of the items were way lower quality than what was portrayed on the website.  They got back to me, and offered me a refund or  to reship the dress I originally ordered.  after waiting 6+ weeks, i said refund.  Then they told me that they would only refund 50% of the value of the dress and after a slew of emails, the said if i sent back the whole order (To CHINA) they'd refund 10% of the value of the order.

So I start escalating a claim through PayPal.  and I am awarded a refund.  But the return has to be received to an address IN CHINA.  NOT New York. and I need a tracking number - and the cost of that is more than half of the cheaply made sack of garbage clothing I purchased.

I am a relatively seasoned internet shopper, and apparently these Chinese companies fake consumers out by declaring they are located in American cities and this is pretty normal and average practise.  This is my first time with a company who is so utterly and blatantly dishonest, unethical and gross.

Lesson learned.  But what can we do as consumers to protect ourselves.  These companies are totally sleezy 😞

And what can we do to get these people shut down?  PayPal, you're receiving your fees from the sale, so I can't imagine you care much about the level of ethics in these transactions.  But this isn't ok.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Wildx
New Community Member

Just happened to me also. Paypal need to be investigated by FTC for continuing business with these fraudulent companies. We work hard for our money to be continously scammed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.