Potential Fraudulent seller

zeerwwf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have just sent a pay to whom I believe that might be a potential fraud, here are what happened.

1. He listed the item on ebay and I asked for more information and wanted to buy, then he wanted me to pay outside ebay via Paypal to his account.

2. He gave me the Paypal account's address

3. I sent money to him by Pay for Goods and Services option. But he asked me to pay by Sending money to friend because by this he could instantly have enough money to pay for the postage.

4. I canceled the first transaction and sent him by Sending money to friend.

5. He said he will send me the item and still has no respond until now.

What can I do with this transaction?, Is there any way to trace or to suspend money from him? Or claim my money back? Please help me with this case. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zeerwwf

1. You went outside of Ebay breaking their rules and opening yourself up to a scam.

2. You chose to remove any buyer protection you had by sending it using the friends / family route.

Of course he won't respond, you sent him a 'gift' of money that he does not have to re-pay.

You can't open a dispute as you didn't buy anything, if you had then it would have been a goods / services transaction and you would have had buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.