Paypal won't answer dispute question when it is their mistake

mwcnicks
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Turbo Tax instant download from a merchant and their download wouldn't work.  I called Paypal and their agent said she would cancel the purchase.  Based on that I purchased a download from another merchant.  Paypal never cancelled the purchase and when I disputed the transaction they just dodge the real question and their only answer is give me more information.  I have give them every possible bit of information and they still will not address the real question that their agent said she would cancel the transaction and didn't.  The merchant will not even respond to me or Paypal and Paypal will still not do anything.  Worst Customer Service communication I have seen from any Company.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mwcnicks 

Paypal doesn't cancel transactions for you.

If it was completed...then you paid.

If it was pending / unclaimed....you can cancel if there is a cancel option.

If it was pending ...then it would time out at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mwcnicks
Contributor
Contributor

If Paypal doesn't cancel then the Paypal agent should not have told me she was canceling the transaction.  If you can not trust what Paypal tells you then you can't trust Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mwcnicks 

I quite agree, the appalling mis-information handed out by customer services 'agents' is dreadful sometimes.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dormurr
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal's customer service has been horrible. Calls get dropped, can't email unless it's something within their specific reason and chat is worthless
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dormurr 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.