Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

dspeed
Contributor
Contributor

I have had more escalations for fraudulent practices from Chinese sellers via PayPal in the past 6 months than I've ever had in the history of my years using PayPal. For each one, PayPal's policies and processes are so weak that it allows the sellers to ship bad or fake merchandise and still collect the bulk of the funds from us as buyers. The bad seller tactics are to demand items be returned that they say didn't arrive, the sellers extend response times so that you spend months trying to get your funds returned, and usually to no avail because at the last minute they offer a fraction of what the buyer lost. For each of my cases PP has allowed them to keep my funds in their entirety if I don't want to settle for pennies of my original cost. At this point I am closing my PP account for which I had processed thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years. They don't want us as a customer and are doing nothing to make this better. My businesses will also no longer use PP as a payment option. I really wish PP would actually review these cases to see how many people are being abused and how they are allowing these fake sellers to fraudulently steal money via their systems.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

Rosyroads85
Contributor
Contributor

Yup. Agree.  I take back what i posted earlier.

Login to Me Too

rodrfami
Contributor
Contributor

Lot's of good info but unfortunately no real resolution.  PP resolution center is totally worthless... it's a waste of time.  Lost $99 to a Chinese company https://www.gobrooks.store/index.php but learned a valuable lesson...

- Use PP only for transferring money to friends and relatives.

- Use credit card for all other transactions.  The CC companies provide protection against this type of fraud.

Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
Definitely, always withdraw then use debit or credit card. And the big one I have learnt is not to use sellers that are on Facebook.
Login to Me Too

Arne2020
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty shocked after being scammed by a Chinese company, paid with PayPal. PayPal is constantly making new excuses as to why they should not help. Everything is just nonsense, but it is not possible to get in touch with a person at PayPal who actually reads the case. So for our part, PayPal supports fraud via the internet. I did check on the company before we shopped. They had FB page and website. But it did not help anything. They cheated on us anyway ..

Login to Me Too

Crystall-Church
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are NOT researching these scams!!!

I ordered and the Chinese company supplied confirmation of the Solar Powered Security Camera with a tracking number.

I received a cheap memory card.!!

All the evidence of FRAUD was there for Paypal to see, including the company being highlighted before for scams on this forum.

But they still side with the Chinese fraudsters just because a tracking number was supplied.

They obviously did not research at all the correspondence between me and the company at all.

A simple denial from the company was sufficient for paypal to refuse my claim.

OBSURD.

I will not be using Paypal again and closing my account.

Login to Me Too

oonsss1983
Contributor
Contributor
That sucks! I gave PayPal all the info they needed to shut these scammers down yet I'm still out $80. I Made an error as a tired FRONTLINE WORKER and I get punished. It's very disheartening. Why bother having this? I might call them?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.