Paypal keeps rejecting my ID with bots

AMatos
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having some trouble verifying my identify with the folks at PayPal.

I've sent clear and legible files containing my National ID card (which in itself already contains a translation to English, so it's not that), but according to what seems to be an automated email response, PayPal "isn't able to open my PDF files", even though I send and resend them in other formats (namely .JPG, as instructed).

They've asked me to provide the documentation several times, all of which I've complied, only to obtain the same response: "Although we've received your PDF attachment we couldn't view the contents of the file."

Sending emails to the support center doesn't seem to work either, as I've been waiting for answers for over a month. Now my account is locked and I need to fix this as soon as possible; it's my main source of income, my business cannot move without it. Does anyone know how to proceed in this situation? Has the same happened to you? Lmk.

Best,

AMatos

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hello AMatos,
I find it a bit weird that you have been waiting over a month after sending an email to the support team. Did you get an automated response to your inquiry, and if so did you reply to the automated response? If you don't reply to the automated message with what it thinks it will help you with, the question will never reach an agent.

I would, however, recommend you to call customer service as they would be able to give clear instructions on what's wrong and whats needed to resolve the case. They may also be able to send you out a follow-up email so you can just reply to that to have direct contact with them.
Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.
Sincerely,
Johand

If you see a helpful post or comment, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AMatos

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.