Paypal keeps changing dispute resolution deadline for my ticket complaint.

FreeBird1977
Contributor
Contributor

Bought tickets for an event (not a concert) in February. The event was scheduled for April, but postponed due to the coronavirus. No make up date has been scheduled, so I requested a refund last month. Seller refused, stating they will eventually have the event. Filed a claim with Paypal on August 9th because it had been almost 180 days and didn't want to lose my ability to file a dispute. They heard from the seller on August 14th and Paypal stated they would resolve it by the 19th. Yesterday they changed that date to the 24th and now today it's listed as the 25th. How long is Paypal going to drag their feet before they actually refund my money? It should have been and open and shut case, since the seller is refusing to give a make up date for the event. I'm afraid he will give Paypal some bogus make up date in 2021 just to avoid paying any refunds. Let me know what you think about this deal. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Fauxto
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem with a dispute over a product ordered in August that still hasn't shown up. Paypal claims they're "reviewing" the claim and the date for resolution keeps getting pushed back. September to early October to mid-October to early November to late November. It's very clear I placed the order, very clear that the vendor (in China) has not fulfilled the order, and yet somehow there still something that requires ongoing "review." I think PayPal is just stalling. It's clear that keeping this ticket open is costing them money on some level that they will not recover from either the vendor or me, so why not clear the books?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.