Pay Pal on my side?

Temp20210729G
Contributor
Contributor

I thought that I recently bought a set of metal folding dog steps off an ad on Facebook. What I got for my £24.99 was a Nit Comb. Hermes delivered the package, weighing 0.08 Kg and the dog steps were supposed to be about 5kg! Anomaly? So I sent my dispute to the resolution centre, only for Pay Pal to side with the sellers, because they had proof that they sent it to me! They sent me a Nit Comb, which in anyone's book is not a set of folding dog steps for the car!!

I told Pay Pal all about this scammer Company from China, even sent them an article and stuff from Trust pilot, with many people sending in similar stories! Facebook hasn't responded to my complaint, three weeks and counting, and neither has Pay Pal, who arbitrarily closed the case, leaving me short $31.98 for a Nit Comb!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210729G 

If Paypal sided with the seller because there was tracking provided then it sounds as if for some odd reason you opened a dispute for non receipt of item instead of item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210729G 

If Paypal sided with the seller because there was tracking provided then it sounds as if for some odd reason you opened a dispute for non receipt of item instead of item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210729G
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like a plan, but as I hadn't received it when I made the claim (it was a month after I had ordered and paid for it) I didn't have that option.I will try and persue that avenue. Oh, by the way, the company that conned me, offered me a $5 refund!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210729G 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.