Paypal is acting in bad faith and does not want to give me access to my funds, even after 180 days

Frank118
Contributor
Contributor

Without  prior notice, In February 2019 I received a message from paypal stating that I can not longer do business with paypal and they will hold my finds for 180 days ans after that, they will send me the instruction on how to get my $. 180 passed.

On August 8th, 2019, I received an email saying that my funds are now available. I tried to transfer my funds and I received an error message.

I contacted support and they told me to wait 1 day and the problem will be resolved..i waited and nothing changed

August 14th, I called support and they told me to wait again , they escalated the matter,

August 15th, I receive an email saying that I can go ahead and retry.... I did and still not working.

August 16th, I called again, the agent told me to wait 1 hr and retry, the system is being updated, 2hrs later, still nothing

August 16th I called again, the again told me over the phone that he can see that my funds are being released on the 17th, just be patient and wait 24hrs. I did wait and nothing changed, still unable to get my funds.

August 19th I called again and the agent told me that they are aware of the problem, to wait again 5 days to get a confirmation.

August 19th, Paypal called me to say that i can proceed, to retry again. I did, and still not working so there is nothing i can do other than wait that they contact me again.

13 days have passed and I am being kicked around, no one from paypal want to help me. They have been holding my funds for 193 days now and they refuse to pay me. What action can i take to get my funds, we are talking about a significant amount here, I am ready to go legal if needs be.

What can I do??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frank118 

If you can't withdraw then why not ask them to send you a cheque, they can't refuse or mess that one up surely?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

3plus3
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is doing the same to me.. I am contacting my attorney and congressman in my state...  They have already head my funds for 90 days and now it going to  be 270 days interest free   How can they legally send me a 1099 for the current year 2019  when I do not have access to my funds. I am also **bleep**acting the IRS  reporting them for sending out false 1099    I had been a seller on eBay for 20 years and the thousands of dollars I have paid Paypal in fees makes me sick...    Paypal is a joke   

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hello @Frank118

We appreciate you patiently waiting for the 180 days to elapse and apologize if you're having issues accessing the money at this point. We'd be willing to review this with you if you reach out to us through Facebook or Twitter

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @3plus3

We understand that limitations can be frustrating. We will normally permanently limit an account if our terms of service have been violated or we believe the account is too risky to process with PayPal. Did we give you any details as to why the account was limited after so long? That would sound strange to me unless the activity on your account has changed or we are starting to receive several negative reports from buyers. If you want to reach out to our social media team (links in previous response) to have them review your information, we'd be happy to make sure the limitation is valid. 

Also, 180 days is normally set as that is the timeframe that buyers can file disputes with PayPal and their card companies. If the money has already been held for 90 days, I would recommend reaching out after an additional 90 days and explain that the funds have been pending for 180 days total so there would be no risk to us. We may make an exception on this timeframe if we can confirm this history. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.