Paypal actually allows know scammers to play their game?

Stg4
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a watch on an impulse after seeing an ad. Afterwards I got to my senses an started googling. Turns out that scammers are putting up websites with info copied from samsung to sell chinese watches that are nothing like it. Hundreds of results, just google radiance a3 frontier scam.

I emailed the seller on two different emails from their website to cancel the order but no feedback whatsover, surprise!

Made a a claim with paypal asking them for a refund before the claim becomes worse as in receiving false goods and having to send them back.

Received a notice from paypal that I authorized the payment so they close the claim…

Now what!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stg4 

Well as you can only open x1 dispute per transaction then why waste it on an unauthorised transaction which is telling paypal that your paypal was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.

Because once they checked IP addys and devices and saw it was you that made the transaction then you would lose an unauthorised dispute.  Smiley Sad

Your best bet is to phone customer services and see if they will open a dispute for you either for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described (whichever is appropriate) and explain that you opened a wrong one by mistake.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stg4 

If you 'only' had the unauthorised option then did you pay using the friends / family option OR if not why did you not file a dispute for non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stg4
Contributor
Contributor

It's too early for non receipt.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stg4 

Well as you can only open x1 dispute per transaction then why waste it on an unauthorised transaction which is telling paypal that your paypal was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.

Because once they checked IP addys and devices and saw it was you that made the transaction then you would lose an unauthorised dispute.  Smiley Sad

Your best bet is to phone customer services and see if they will open a dispute for you either for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described (whichever is appropriate) and explain that you opened a wrong one by mistake.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stg4
Contributor
Contributor

That sounds like good advice, thank you!

Login to Me Too

meleahjetter
New Community Member

PayPal doesn`t bear any responsibility for your false. You entered this site via your IP and made it by yourself. That`s why PayPal can`t recognized this transaction to be fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.