Paypal/Support refuse close/delete my account

sdfgsdfgs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I need help , I never ever used my paypal account for anything.. I registred with my icloud email... filled my credit card and personal info... and dont even used it for payments..

So after some time my icloud was full of spam from paypal.. so I loged in.. tried cancel all news mails.. and for while 0 spam.... but after year.. again.. FULL SPAM OF EMAILS... 

and in this point I am done with PayPal.. So I logged in and in my profile tried closed my account... Where I found that my account is limited and I need contact support...

I contanted support and ask tham to close my account/delete everything/ never ever send me email again...

Suprise superise next day I found msg from support: 

Msg from support said to me: "**bleep** you, your account is limited.. send us your photo ID and fully verify your account and maybe next week you can close it... oh wait you are from EU and have rights... GDPR I think... naah mate.. doesnt work with us... just give us all your personal info... or you will be spammed with mails alllll day... "

I wanna ask you for help... I just wanna close my account...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sdfgsdfgs 

If you are from the EU then why do you have a U.S paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.