Paypal *Smileyhomey "Scam Alert"

EJT2
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used smiley homey i bought a new concelear and the $29.95 was taken out of my visa via paypal no reciept turned up from Smileyhomey or any goods. Feels like scam to me. Cant get hold of paypal for a refund either very difficult. Anyone have any ideas??

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

cbyrdnelson
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I believe all are scammers! Go to BBB and your bank for an investigation. Not sure how this got through paypal, they are supposed to be a responsible business!! What a joke taking people money!!!!
Login to Me Too

gogo548
Contributor
Contributor

The site I ordered from was called Lime Trifle.  Paypal processed the order to She Swish Limited with a website of smileyhomey.  I have never received the product, which was ordered in the early days of the pandemic. I did NOT authorize payment to She Swish, but to Lime Trifle.  WHO is She Swish??

I wish I had done my research on Lime Trifle company before I ordered.  FB shows that are plenty of us getting scammed and PayPal is of no help.  My dispute was closed and that's the end of that!  You can't proceed to discuss with PP and report that I never received product. I've been emailing the company, but not getting a response.

VERY disappointed in PayPal.  This makes an argument that I'm better off using my credit card from now on. At least I can CALL them and stop payment.

Login to Me Too

AdrienneMAS
Contributor
Contributor

I brought it to PayPal's attention on my order. We will see what happens.

Good Luck 😉 

Login to Me Too

Shazzydoll80
Contributor
Contributor
The EXACT same thing happened to me. Waited 2 months, filed a complaint, got sent a pair of tights!!! Awaiting my response from PayPal to see if I'll get refunded, but after reading all these stories I won't hold my breath! ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL. These people should be banned from ALL social media outlets
Login to Me Too

jaredkeys
New Community Member

Complete scam company and organization.  Make sure that they are burned on Facebook.  I tried to contact them to no avail and PayPal will not support you in a refund.  Cancel your Paypal account and never use them again.  I know the amount is trifle but you should expect someone who serves you to be a good steward of your funds.

Login to Me Too

Dee516

yes they are a scam, we should all contract attorney General office and file a complaint against pay pal and this company. I got my money back because I used american express and they pay you directly if you get scammed.  

Login to Me Too

epollard1969
Contributor
Contributor

This is starting to look like Paypal is complicit in all of this......they are allowing a fraudulent company continue to scam customers out of money. Can't talk to anyone at Paypal and all I get are canned answers from their AI bot. 

I will be shutting down my Paypal acct today and will not be doing business with them ever again.

Eric Pollard

Login to Me Too

Dee516

I stopped using pay pal quite a while ago, they can't be trusted.  I purchased through this company back in may and never received my order.  I only use American express for online orders because they reimburse if you have any disputes.  most Major Credit card company will reimburse you. I hope this information is helpful.

Login to Me Too

Lpass34
Contributor
Contributor
They got me too when I reported they waiting some months later to take it right back out soon as my bank put it back they need to be reported
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.