Payment taken although unauthorised in my account?

Antp1982
New Community Member

Appears that I have fallen victim to the current Packlink scam claiming additional charges for items sold though Ebay. I have been charged £4.99 for something that I have never used. No details on the parcel, reference number or any information on what this relates to. Just a clear swipe of funds from my account

Quite funny really as:

All my items ship via Royal Mail Special Delivery with pre-paid postage and do not go through Packlink

Packlink are in my list on "inactive" payment methods on PayPal so how have PayPal approved the transaction?

I have opened a dispute with PayPal which they subsequently closed claiming I am not eligible for buyer protection. I will open a formal complaint shortly when they can be bothered to respond to my message.

Also contacted Packlink directly but looking at their reviews I cant see me getting anywhere with this.

I will also flag it with my bank as an unauthorised transaction once it lands early next week.

Any other advice to solve this and stop this type of scam happening in the future?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.