Commission does not fullfil agreement

kilkov87
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I commissioned an author on Deviantart to write me a story. The story itself turned out to be pretty awful and that part is my own fault for not doing more research. However there are two points I want to dispute regarding the finished product. 1. Parts of it is directly plagiarized from a Wikia. 2. It is shorter than what he suggested and what we agreed upon before payment. I have all discussions saved, the copied text highlighted and The finished document. The commission was payed at two occasions on two separate PayPal accounts, half upfront and the rest when it was finished. Both purchases were for a product/service and not a gift. I have tried getting back to the writer but after pointing out the earlier mentioned issues I have gotten blocked and can't discuss the matter. I would preferably solve these issues privately before working them trough PayPal but I get the feeling that creating new accounts just to get in touch might not help. I tried sending a new email to the mail he used for his PayPal and hopefully he'll reply back. I would at least want to dispute what I paid for the plagiarized text as well as the missing text. Even if I didn't like the rest he wrote at least it was what we agreed upon. Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll be able to get get in touch with him this coming week.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.