PayPal

Bob12342
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get ahold of PayPal after hours?  There is massive fraud on my account and the PayPal website doesn't function properly to report it.  Apparently they are closed.  Is PayPal a U.S. company?  I don't suggest people use PayPal.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Bob12342,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized access on your account. Our U.S. phone lines close at 7PM EST, but you can contact us any time by email, Facebook, or Twitter. Hopefully the issue has since been resolved!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bob12342
Contributor
Contributor
Ashley M, for PayPal- The issue is NOT resolved. I'm seeing fraudulent activity on 1/22 which is AFTER our exchange and I think that it's even AFTER I spoke to one or more individuals by telephone. I do have a report on file with the FTC regarding this matter.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bob12342,

I'm sorry to hear that fraudulent activity continues on your account. have you changed the password on your account to re-secure it and prevent any further access by the fraudster? If you did so and the transactions happened after that time, I recommend running a virus scan on your computer or device, and changing the password on your email account. When you do that, make sure that you use a unique password that isn't used anywhere else. If you use the same password for multiple accounts and the fraudster is able to compromise a less secure site, all the sites that share that email/password combination would be at risk.

I hope that you've been able to begin your report regarding the unauthorized activity and re-secure your account since your last post!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bob12342
Contributor
Contributor
Olivia, Are you employed by PayPal? If so, I strongly suggest you reconsider your response and provide an appropriate response. PayPal continues to send me emails requesting money which is unfathomable and inexcusable. I owe norhing to PayPal whatsoever. PayPay needs to stop stop sending emails threatening to send me to collections. This matter has already been reported to every relevant organization, numerous times, INCLUDING PayPal security. You are requested to preserve this and every communication I have had with PayPal. PayPal's behavior here us unbelievable. I suggest you take this seriously.
Login to Me Too

Bob12342
Contributor
Contributor

So, after my last message and upon reflection I wanted to go back and edit/delete to concisely clarify my concern but I don't see an edit button:  I keep getting these emails from PayPal to pay money or collection action may be initiated.  I've already communicated extensively with both the security team and the accounts team at PayPal, and the accounts team verbally confirmed that there is no balance of any kind with PayPal.  This all goes back to fraudulent activity which I promptly addressed way back in early January.  PayPal accounts absolutely confirmed that I ought not send any money.  So why is PayPal continuing to send me emails prompting me to send them money at this point?  They tell me not to pay the amount, then I get an email saying to pay the amount - so which is it? Presumably this is some sort of automatically generated process, but for people such as myself that have exemplary credit and take every bill extremely seriously, it's very troubling that I would continue to get these emails.  The absolute most troubling thing though is that there is zero way to communicate with PayPal by email EVER, and virtually no way to communicate with them in the evening or on the weekend.  Similarly, there isn't any single channel (person or team) of communication to follow up on - every phone call is like the first phone call you've ever made and you have to start from the beginning.  In case something goes to collections, I really just need to preserve my understanding and efforts here to attend to this as my credit is essentially perfect and this recent email I received seems like some sort of loose end. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.