PayPal won't Refund me

deanveale
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 07.56.54.pngHi, please can someone help me .... I've been trying to sort this out for 7 months now and I can't seem to get through to PayPal to sort this out. I keep getting auto-replies and can't get through to their contact number??? Short story long - I was suspicious about the seller so before I made the purchase I contact PayPal to make sure I was covered by "Buyer Protection". They confirmed I was so I went ahead .... Once I didn't receive my item and the excuses started I opened a case in resolution center to get a refund. After back and forth for ages, the seller said he would refund me. It then said I had been refunded on "Activity", but I hadn't received anything. At that point PayPal decided to close my resolution case. Straight after the case was closed the refund said "Cancelled". So please can someone help me out here ...... I did everything PayPal asked of me to be protected and now I can't get hold of them. And how can PayPal close my resolution case without my permission or asking if I've been refunded .... Surely this isn't standard protocol? Please please Help ...... (Please see attachment for more information)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deanveale 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.

OR you could try a chargeback with your credit card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way?

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.