PayPal’s right & limitation

Bigbellymama
Contributor
Contributor
Hi good day. I sold a pair of brand new shoes. Buyer claimed that it is damaged & demand a full refund. As goodwill, I agreed for a partial refund. I received a worn shoes which is in completely different condition as I sent (I have photo & video evidence) & buyer also declined my partial refund offer. To my astonishment, the system suddenly reflecting that “ I have agreed to a full refund”. I wrote in to PayPal customer service to find out what happened as I did not agree for a full refund. I asked why I agreed for partial refund now it became “I agreed full refund” in the system..... the customer service agent explained that since both parties unable to reach an agreement, PayPal made a decision that I have to do a full refund... So this is PayPal’s decision, not mine The agent also explained that PayPal has the right to do so as the user agreement I signed before using PayPal..... even so, it can only be PayPal decided that or PayPal ruled that...... but not putting word into my mouth & claimed that I have agreed....... It disturbs me greatly. I understand that PayPal might have the right to determine or rule on 1 party’s favour but is it legal to imitate as 1 of the party & act something on behalf? Is it fair not to ask evidence and rule on 1 party’s favour straight away?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.